In episode 15, we discussed laughter. It started off normal, but then we got into facets and perspectives of laughter we didn’t expect! This is your very not-normal podcast episode on the topic of laughter.
Ep. 15: Laughter – The Good, the Mad, the Funny
- Laughter: humorous or social?
- Did you pick your laugh?
- Uncontrollable laughter
- The giggle loop
- Should we do the “ha-ha” game at a PFL retreat?
- Trash in the Himalayas: is that funny, punk?
- The irony of laughing at something that’s not funny
- Watching bad movies—on purpose
- The Room, Tommy Wiseau
- Stephanie’s high school summer of bad sci fi
- Blockbuster: the virtue of escaping recommendation engines
- Best of the Worst and Neil Breen
- Trying to beat Netflix’s recommendation engine
- Commercial break: Laugh Assistant
- Evolution and laughter
- Comedians as laugh-makers
- Gallows humor, laughter as a way to cope
- Humor in older age
- Two extremes: outrage and laughter
- When humor goes wrong
- Michael Richards, Justine Sacco, mocking others: when people pile on
- Are trolls normal people? + Bullying on social media
- The implications and context of laughter
- Laughter and anxiety
- Have courage, try your best—continue to bring laughter to the world!