In this episode we delve into the depths and mysteries of SLEEP. What is sleep? Why does it exist? What are the cultural dimensions to sleep?
- What defines sleep?
- What’s your common sleep position?
- Why do we sleep?
- Sleep deprivation
- The relationship of anxiety and sleep
- Sleep apnea and night terrors
- Naps and siestas
- Commercial: Hypernation Pills
- Sleep paralysis and kanashibari
- Cultural views of sleep
- Debunking bunker: Does turkey make you sleepy?
- Food and sleep: Rip Van Winkle, pizza dreams
- How to fall asleep or sleep well
- Relationships and sleep (fairytales vs. reality)
- Sleeping in public and social norms
- “Sleep ecologies” (Adler; Worthman and Melby)
- Sleep in different parts of the world