It’s time to celebrate—our podcast is ONE YEAR OLD! Wow, time flies! We posted to our Facebook Page a question: What topic should we talk about in our anniversary episode? We got a lot of responses, really interesting ideas that we’ll likely talk about in future episodes. The one we chose was Akshay’s topic: CELEBRATION, or Why do we celebrate. So, this one is dedicated to Akshay. We happen to talk about birthdays for a moment in this episode, which was a topic submitted by Jan Marie, so we got to two listeners’ topics in one episode! That’s how we like to celebrate.
Listen to this episode:
- Is “celebrating the everyday” really a celebration?
- Celebrations as checkpoints
- Celebration vs. recurring holidays
- Luis’ story about his mother’s gifts
- Ray on Turkish weddings and communal lamb
- Is celebration a group activity?
- History/etymology of celebration
- Two types of celebration (surprise vs. expected)
- Steph on Utah’s and the LDS Church’s celebration of Pioneer Day
- Luis on Cuban celebrations
- Commercial: Chainsaw the Clown / Murder Clowns LLC
- What’s the purpose of celebrating?
- Holiday anxiety
- Celebration pet peeves