In this episode, we talk about bad bosses and more with Alex Straley, a leadership development consultant at IBM! (Alex’s views in this episode are solely his own and do not represent IBM.)
- Characteristics of bad bosses
- What makes a bad boss “bad”?
- There is not one kind of management
- Managers vs. leaders
- Military leadership
- Cruel work environments
- Why are we mean to each other in the workplace?
- Commercial: Doppelgang
- Giving feedback to a manager
- How to be a better manager
- Be ready to be wrong
- What it means to put yourself in someone else’s shoes
- The golden rule vs. the platinum rule
- The impact of personality and environment on behavior
- The importance of habit-building
- What do my employees need to succeed?